Friday, October 10, 2014



So there has been a lot on my mind in the way of my fitness and my goals and well frankly there is so much information out there that at times it can be hard to really get a grasp and a focus on what you should be doing.

In regards to me I can never decide if I want to be a calisthenics athlete, do rehab work, work posture (more rehab shit) and or lift heavy fucking weights and just go back to my roots.

There is something to be said about the male ego because I have lost lots of weight and lots of strength and at times it really bugs me. I miss being able to lift heavy even if it meant me always hurting. I'm not saying you can't be strong and not hurt either I just wasn't nice and rushed my progress.

At times thinking about my physical state can be depressing and I don't always feel super inspired to work out. But today I watched Brian Shaw rape a Crossfit workout called GRACE by clean and pressing 135 lbs for 30 reps... what a god damn beast.


This was inspiring and made me think just do the damn thing. My training in the last few years has changed dramatically from the pump driven bodybuilder stuff, 5/3/1 and then to a more Chaos-and-Pain/ Crossfit inspired work. Now I'm more calisthenics than anything.

There are all these avenues I wish to explore like High Intensity Frequency Training (HFT) that Chad Waterbury promotes and etc. All these programs and methodologies are all interesting but it just comes down to doing the damn thing. I saw my best strength gains when I stopped worrying about what the fuck I was supposed to be doing and just lifted heavy shit without really keeping track.

So it comes down to this. Stop worrying about what you should be doing and just do fucking something. It doesn't have to be the same every time as long as it is fucking hard to do. The more ghetto the better. Just work fucking hard and think about CT Fletcher screaming at you.



No comments:

Post a Comment