Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random thoughts about a recent JRE podcast

So I've been a bit busy and I haven't really had a chance to finish up the series of blog posts I began about the musculoskeletal system. So instead I am going to write about just some thoughts I've been having.

Not sure if anyone who reads these listens to the Joe Rogan Experience if you haven't you should because the guy is really, really smart and he has great guests. Sometimes I don't really care for his guests when their stand ups but the guy has a great record of interesting people if you don't believe me look through his archive he's talked to guys like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Melissa Ethridge how different can you be.

Anyways, there was a really interesting guest he had on, Dr. Rhonda Patrick ??? I could be wrong on the name but check my Tumblr on this one or simply Youtube the interview. Patrick, if that is her name, is a organic chemist (I think) and really calls out some bullshit in the health world. Heck even Rogan calls out some bullshit in the health world in regards to this mycotoxin issue in coffee.


According to Rogan, Dave Asprey of the Bulletproof Exec might have been making more of an issue then there was in regards to moldy beans in an attempt to sell his product. I don't want to commit libel or anything so really who knows.

What I do know is Asprey does tell you on his website how to find coffee beans that meet his standards without buying his beans. Website Sweet Maria's sells green coffee beans that are wet processed and our from South America for like $6 a pound.

Anyways, I'm not saying anyone person is right here and I haven't seen a rebuttal argument granted I haven't looked for one either.

Nevertheless, Patrick talks about some interesting stuff, one thing that really interested me is that she talked about a high protein and high fat diet as being a way to increase Igf-1 which if you didn't know is growth hormone or a part of what goes into growth hormone. Hmm... she didn't necessarily say that too much growth hormone is a good thing but its interesting to maybe see how I can tweak my biology.

When I start my cheap ass diet on a budget plan that I outlined on the Tumblr originally I will pretty much be eating in a way that should theoretically increase Igf-1. Now I barely exercise lately because of my injuries but I'll be interested to see if the increase in protein consumption will cause me to put on muscle mass.

She also talks about something called reactive oxygen species... which I know nothing about about will be looking into here in the near future and it might be worth blogging about since I feel like this is something no one is talking about... but we'll see.

The woman was smart and in some way may have validated some of the wackiness and hard to tread material of Dr. Jack Kruse who in every interview I've listened too him talks about protons and electrons in the relation to food.

I'm not really sure how much Kruse really knows what he is talking about when he speaks about cell phones stealing an electron from the body and etc. But Patrick does talk about the different structures of food and the like... so who knows.

I'd love to have her familiarize herself with his work just because it would interesting to hear her interpretation.

Anyways, go listen to it now I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment