Friday, March 28, 2014

Don't Hate

I know I've maybe said in the past that I wasn't CrossFit's biggest supporter despite pretty much being a garage CrossFitter myself.

Mostly, I think it's a good thing as long as its not being a dickless know-nothing who doesn't know what they are doing.

That being said it really irks me when I hear people saying those people are insane, crazy and etc. and then I look at that person and they look like a fat un-athletic waste of space.


Why it irks me is generally what are you doing besides stroking it to the top 10 football plays of the week for physical activity? Usually the answer is nothing.

Inevitably these people are pussies who don't know how to push their limits physically, emotionally, spiritually, psychologically. They sit at home and are comfortable with being average.

Whats wrong with being average? Nothing is wrong with being average but why not be unique.

Are you going to tell me that you wouldn't want to look like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine or 2013 CrossFit games winner Rich Fronning? Those guys are lean, mean and ripped and they didn't get that way without busting ass in the gym.

I don't spend a ton of time in the gym as of late since I am poor but if you want results you have to work your ass off. I'm not saying CrossFit is healthy either because there are issues with it don't get me wrong but the intensity the athletes bring to the table is admirable.

So if you are going to offer your criticism offer it from the perspective of someone who trains or has trained, not from someone who played sports once when they were in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment